Monday, January 9, 2012

The Light Which He Provides (and a plea for help from photographers!)


Natural light and manual focus.

These are what I'm practising at the moment in my photos. 





But I want to know more.


I've had my SLR since May 2011, but there are still many things I don't know about it.


There are terms in photography that I've heard over and over again, but I don't know how to know when to do what setting.


Things like ISO, aperture and why in photo descriptions there is the letter 'f'.


Well I know that ISO means how much light is let in, and aperture means 'depth of field'...

I think?


Do you have any tips for me? I want to learn to to shoot manually. 




Are there any good places online where you can learn this stuff? Or is it better by trial and error?? How did you learn?



Be sure to comment and let me know your thoughts!!

Hannah xx



{P.s. All photos are SOOC, no editing done}

5 comments:

  1. you can always get good books from the library on photography! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I'm right there with you! I got a DSLR in May as well, and I still don't understand it completely. I wish I could help! I've been experimenting with ISO and aperture, but I'm totally clueless on the f thing. :/

    Beautiful photos by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much Abbey! Hehe, it's good to know I'm not the only one :p I will check out that site just now. Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

      Delete
  3. I just found a helpful site! http://www.digital-photography-school.com/digital-photography-tips-for-beginners?awt_l=NE4zJ&awt_m=1nfPw661_5kfGf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great site! Thanks for showing me!!

      Delete

I love love love comments :)