Monday, June 20, 2011

Multi Cultural Arts Event in Fitzroy

So on the weekend I went to this sort-of festival with my friend Laura. In between dancing our hearts out in the mosh pit to awesome, Senegalese rhythms, attending an Ethiopian dance workshop, and making cute henna tattoos on each other, I got my camera out. It was my first official time going out with my fancy camera in it's big bag, and walking there I was just in this cloud of confidence/up-myself-ness. It was a bit of a drag carrying around 2 'handbags', and I was so worried each time I put it down to dance, that it would get stolen or something bad like that. Any suggestions for anything??

But I thought I would share these happy snaps with you... 




I tried so hard not to take images with people's faces in them, part of the whole don't-take-pictures-of-people-without-their-permission thing, but I still really loved this photo, so I blacked out their eyes  :p

My main 'theme was snippets of colour'...


A handy little snack :p




I WANT THIS DRESS.


A big smooch  ;)


Pretty helmet.




I loved all the flags so much... I want to make some for myself.




Cute-as-a-button hat.


I am planning to go to more of these festival places in the next six months, let me know if you know of any.
:D

3 comments:

  1. i love these photos! it looks like a lot of fun! and i completely agree with you; that is one cool dress. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks madeleine!! btw i love love LOVE your profile pic, i dunno, there's just something about it... an element of mystery :p

    ReplyDelete

I love love love comments :)