Sunday, June 26, 2011

One of a Kind

I realised that I never showed the 'after' photos from this post. So here they are:


The technique I used on the shirt on the right is the most common one, the 'spiral'. Instructions can be found over here. (Except I didn't do the black bits like the guy in the video did.)
The shirt on the left has a little bit of a different pattern, it's called 'spider'. I think mine looks better than the video guy's ones!!

This pattern I just made up and I love the result!!


Since then (January) I've been to a hippy market and bought some much better colours, ones that I am way more likely to wear, as apposed to those screaming bright colours above. (The photo's are cropped like that because they are part of a project I'm doing and they're still secret!!)

I love love love this shirt, it's my favourite one that I've dyed. Just experimented with my own pattern on it too.


And this one is a spiral, but I did it in such a way that there were great gaps of the white showing through. I didn't like it so I just painted the gaps softly with more dye  :)
(These dyes I have at the moment- you paint them on; they're called 'Magic Dye'.)

Have YOU done any tie dying???



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love comments :)